Directions to Court
- From 435 North or South: Take the Kansas City / Bonner Springs Exit (9) to K-32, Travel West on K-32 until you reach the 4th Street traffic light
- From K-7 North or South: Take the Bonner Springs Exit to K-32. Travel East on K-32 until you reach the 4th Street traffic light
At the traffic light turn South onto 4th Street and follow for approximately 1/4 mile. During non-court days, the clerk can be found at her office inside of Edwardsville City Hall (right inside the lobby of 690 S. 4th St.).
Actual municipal court dockets take place inside the Edwardsville Community Center (696 S. 3rd St.) which is directly south west of City Hall (across the street from the Fire Department).
ONLINE TICKET PAY NOW AVAILABLE
You can now pay your ticket online! To pay your ticket, click on the link provided. You may also pay over the phone by calling (toll free) 1-877-685-4493.
PLEASE NOTE, if you were cited with a violation that requires a court appearance, you will still need to appear in court.
Court sessions are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month in the Edwardsville Community Center (696 S. 3rd St.). Court sessions are structured as follows:
- The 1st Thursday court session is the Arraignment Docket. This docket is for first appearance court cases. The court date will be listed midway down on the front side of the ticket. Court officially begins, at 8:00 a.m.
- The 3rd Thursday court session is the second day docket. Cases on this docket have been set over from a previous docket by the judge, prosecutor, or court clerk and are assigned a specific time depending on the type of case you have.
Due to the precautions needed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, fewer defendants will be allowed to enter the courtroom. Please read the instructions below to properly check-in for your court appearance.
- E-mail email@example.com notify staff you have arrived. Please also provide the following information:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Indicate if you can participate in a ZOOM call (please only send 1 e-mail)
- Please remain in your vehicle and await a return e-mail from Court staff with ZOOM instructions. Health and security screens will be conducted prior to entry if you must appear in person
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19; have been recently exposed to COVID-19; or are requesting a continuance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail your full name and the reason for the requested continuance. Wait in your vehicle until you receive a response.
1st Thursday Docket Schedule
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Arraignments
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sentencing Docket and Bond Hearings
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. CLOSED FOR LUNCH
- 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Traffic Trials
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. All other trials
- 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Video Arraignment Docket
3rd Thursday Docket Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Attorney Plea Docket
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Sentencing Docket and Bond Hearings
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ProSe Docket
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. CLOSED FOR LUNCH
- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Public Defender Docket
- 3:00 p.m. to 3: 30 pm. Video Arraignment Docket
Dockets will conclude when the last Police Department case and/or video case is heard. Additional dockets may be scheduled at the direction of the Municipal Court Judge.
Continuance Policy for Defendants and Attorneys
Defendant continuance requests:
Defendants are automatically granted a one-time continuance upon request, and the Court Clerk and Deputy Court Clerk are authorized to grant the continuance. Continuances may not be granted the if requested the week of a scheduled court appearance. This request can be made over the phone or in person.
Discretion can be used by the clerk’s as to whether or not a second continuance can be granted; however, any more than two continuance requests, must be made in person, in Court, by the defendant.
If a 30-Day Notice has been issued, no continuances will be granted by the Court Clerk or Deputy Court Clerk. The defendant must appear in person in Court before the City Prosecutor and/or Judge for approval.
Attorney continuance requests:
Attorneys are automatically granted a continuance to an Attorney Plea Docket upon receipt of their Entry of Appearance. Entries can be fax filed, emailed or mailed in. The Court Clerk and Deputy Court Clerk can grant this continuance without consulting with the Judge.
Upon a second request for continuance, the Court Clerk and Deputy Court Clerk can use their discretion as to whether or not an additional continuance is warranted. If there is any doubt as to the validity of the request, the Clerks will refer the attorney to the City Prosecutor to get approval.
Any additional requests for continuances must be made in person, by the Attorney, in court before the Judge.
It will be the Policy of the Edwardsville Municipal Court that Attorneys cannot fax file a Motion for Continuance the week of Court. This puts an undue burden on court staff. Such requests must be made in person by the Attorney in Court before the Judge.
Policy effective as of the 28th day of June 2016