Join our family! The City of Edwardsville, Kansas is accepting applications from all qualified persons to fill future Police Officer position(s).
Located South of I-70 and West of I-435 in Kansas City metropolitan area, the City of Edwardsville is positioned for fast growth from numerous proposed development projects. The department has an authorized strength of 16 fulltime officers and is seeking individuals who are ready and able to meet new and exciting challenges and will enthusiastically embrace the department’s principles of loyalty, integrity, fairness, and excellence.
The City of Edwardsville offers a full array of generous benefits including:
• A progressive pay schedule ranging from $40,000/yr. to $47,773/yr.
o Lateral candidates up to $43,716 dependent upon education and years of service
• Group health insurance coverage with employee contributions as low as $91 per pay period for family coverage,
• Education Yearly Pays: AA degree $900, BA/S $1200, MA/S $1560,
• KP&F retirement,
• 80 vacation hours, 96 hours annual sick leave accruals,
• All equipment supplied at the time of hire,
• Uniform cleaning provided at no cost to employee,
• 10 paid holidays, Holiday Worked Pay at double time and a half,
• No residency requirement – 45 minute response time,
• FTO, Range Master, DARE/SRO, and foreign language specialty pays.
Minimum Qualifications: Twenty one years of age at time of appointment; high school diploma or GED (college degree required for lateral consideration); possess current peace officer certification, or ability to obtain certification within one year, good physical condition; no domestic violence or felony convictions.
Selection process will include a written test, interview panel, medical and psychological examination, drug screen, and polygraph. Dates TBA.
Persons interested in this exciting opportunity should apply by submitting a letter of interest, résumé, and completed City of Edwardsville employment application to Edwardsville Police Department, 650 South 4th Street, Edwardsville, KS 66111. Applications can obtained from the Police Services Clerk at (913) 441-6983 ext 28, by downloading the application form from the City’s website at www.edwardsvilleks.org, or request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
ATTENTION NON-CERTIFIED APPLICANTS: Mandatory employment testing is scheduled for Friday, April 1st. Must be signed up with Police Clerk and have all required paperwork turned in before then.