The 2021 Edwardsville Neighborhood Garage Sales are happening Saturday, May 1. This event is free to participate in for residents with no additional permitting or registration required. Residents were encouraged to provide their address to the City for the development of an interactive map of sales. This map can be found on the event's official Facebook page HERE. Originally, this day was also set to include a rummage sale at the Community Center, but this event will not take place due to lack of sign-ups for spaces.
The Neighborhood Garage Sale kicks off a month of spring cleaning events in Edwardsville. These events include:
- May 1 - Neighborhood Garage Sale
- May 15 - City-Wide Clean Up event at City Hall (details HERE)
- This event involves several open-top dumpsters being stationed at City Hall. City staff will be on-hand to assist residents getting rid of large and/or bulky items not usually recovered during regular trash pick up. There will also be stations to dispose of scrap metal and e-waste as well as a donation truck from Adelante Thrift to take acceptable items for resale. This is a free event, though only residents are allowed to participate.
- May 19 - Litter Pick Up along 98th St. and
- City staff will be stationed throughout 98th St. (from Kaw Dr. to just north of Kansas Ave.) as well as near the on/off ramp for I-435 on Woodend Rd. from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00. Staff will be collecting litter and debris along this stretch (over 13,000 ft.) that they find in the rights-of-way and ditches. This section of 98th St. will be closed to through-traffic, but residents will still have access to their homes.
In addition to these local events, the Wyandotte County Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off location is now open on select dates. More information about this resource is available HERE.