Wyandotte County is offering Senior tax rebate program assistance. Details are noted below. Appointments can be made by calling 3-1-1 at the following locations and days:
- Tuesdays, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Beatrice L. Lee Community Center (1310 N. 10th St.) or 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM at the Armourdale Community Center (730 Osage Ave.)
- Wednesdays, 9:00 AM -12:00 PM, Joe E. Amayo Community Center (2810 Metropolitan Ave.)
- Thursdays, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Eisenhower Community Center, 2901 N. 72nd St.
- Mondays - Fridays, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Office of the Clerk, 701 N. 7th St.
Details on what you will need for these appointments is as follows:
Homestead Property Tax Rebates
Wyandotte County seniors born before January 1, 1967 or disabled prior to 2022, own their home with an annual income of $37,750/year or less may be eligible for a tax refund. Seniors with dependent minors living with them, veterans (65+), disabled veterans, or surviving spouses may also be eligible.
Sales/Utility Tax Rebates
Seniors residing in Kansas City, KS who were born before January 1, 1967, with an income of $25,000/year or less, may be eligible for refunds of up to $150 for utilities (electricity, gas, water, phone).
- Contact Information
- Proof of 2022 income for all persons living in your home, including:
- W2 and/or 1099
- Social Security Income Statement
- Railroad Retirement Statement
- Veteran's Disability Statement
- Bank Interest Statements
- Food Stamp Award
- Child Support Income
ADDITIONAL HOMESTEAD DOCUMENTS
- Copy of real estate tax statement
- Amount of 2021 refund, if applicable
- Blank bank deposit form with an account number and routing information for electronic payment.
ADDITIONAL UTILITY DOCUMENTS
- Copy of 2022 utility bills (BPU, gas, and AT&T landline)